Studies show that despite all the technology we use at work, instead of working less, people are actually working more than they used to 20 or 30 years ago.
So if your daily routine takes you to work in the morning only to let you go back home in the evening tired and unable to do anything, there is a high chance this has a very negative effect on your social life.
That’s at least how is with me. The only real time I have for interaction with my friends is somewhere on Saturday afternoon and evening once I sleep the weeks tiredness off.
With this being the case, how are we supposed to socialize? Say you go for a date on Saturday and it went really well. What you’d be most willing to do is meet again straight the next evening to continue. I mean – you do not really want to wait for the next Saturday to continue the newly started thing – do you? In that speed it will be moths before you can actually say you know the other person.
So what are the options
Well, the only option is to brake the rules. If you want to make a real progress, it will not be:
- Saturday – Date 1
- Saturday – Date 2
- Saturday – Date 3
You will have to put in more effort than that. It should look more like:
- Saturday – Date 1 – really good one
- Sunday – let the ball rolling – some fun – cinema, theater, ice skating or a nice walk
- Wednesday – give them some rest – dinner together straight after work. Not late in the night cause you’re getting up in the morning
- Friday – after a long week you can eat in.. if you can cook that is or if both of you like take-away food.
And after just one week you will know if there is any sense to meet on the coming Saturday or Sunday.
- Such hyper intensive schedule will allow you to continue the conversation which other wise would be lost over a whole work week.
- You will know it faster. No wasting time for a whole month only to find out it’s not going to work out.
- It is a really tight schedule and might take your date by surprise if they are used to Friday or Saturday standard dating schedule.
- It can get pricy if you continue like that for a while, especially if you are the one paying for everything.
- You will know quicker – no chance of cheating yourself over moths that the next date will be better. Meeting someone very often you will quickly find out if you really like it or not.
So – that is the dating solution for busy people. Act as if you were not busy. Love life cannot be stuck in the drawer and scheduled for later because it simply does not work like that. Scheduling just a few hours with another person every week will never get you close enough.