Answer the following love test questions true or false.
Let’s have some fun…
1. I don’t seem to find myself very “good company” or enjoy spending time alone when I have free evenings
2. When someone inquires about my love, I sometimes feel uncomfortable letting him know I am available.
3. I find myself daydreaming a lot about men, particularly the ones I can’t have.
4. Even though it is hard to admit, I know the only thing that could ever make me truly happy is having a man.
5. Most of the time I’s not able to enjoy going out to eat or to the movies alone.
6. I worry about the amount of time I spend fantasizing about men
7. I tend to avoid going to social gatherings when I know almost all the people there will be couples.
8. I’m aware that when I’m involved with a man it’s the only time I feel secure inside.
9. Even though it annoys my friends, I’m likely to change plans with them if I get a last-minute invitation from a man.
10. I know I spend too much time devising plans and strategies designed to “get a man”
11. My feeling of self-worth and general well-being really goes up when I have a man in my life and dips sharply when I don’t have a man around.
12. When it comes to me, “the grass always seems to be greener” and I’m never really satisfied.
13. I’m an insatiable reader of romance novels
14. I seem to find myself moving from one infatuations to another
15. I hate to admit it, but I find that yearning from a man is much more interesting and romantic than feeling sire of a man’s love.
16. Somehow my life never really seems okay unless there is a man to share it with.
17. I feel much more excited when I’m doing the loving than when a man is going out of his was to love me.
18. I lose interest in my work and even other activities that are normally important to me when I’m not involved with a man.
19. The only time I ever really feel alive is when I’m with a man.
20. I do want a lasting relationship and to settle down. But every time I meet the man whom I think that will happen with, I find one thing or another about him that seems to turn me off.
Scoring and Interpreting the Love Test
Add up all of the items marked True in your Love Test
0 True items: If none of the items were marked True, you have a healthy way of looking at yourself independent of your relationship with men. You show no tendency toward love addiction.
1-3 True items: If you marked even one item True, you place some excessive concern, importance, or need upon the idea of having a man in your life. You do have some of the warning signs of becoming a love addict.
4-7 True items: If you checked at least four items True, you are struggling with love addiction. It may not yet be apparent to you, but the importance you place upon men and love is within the red zone for love addiction.
Over 7 True items: If you marked at least seven items as True, you already know you are a love addict. This is a serious addiction and will require an equally serious commitment to “breaking the habit”