As long as these simple Rules of Dating are applied, you will be able to enjoy rather than dread this unknown territory. Over time, the act of dating has changed in so many ways. However, there are some tips that can be followed to make this experience much easier!
1. Be Interesting and interested! It is not enough to be interesting, but you have to be interested as well! Share your wisdom, stories, and experiences; just don’t forget to listen to your date. Everyone loves to feel special and this is a great way to show it!
2. Make sure to dress your best! Physical appearance, though not always the most important thing, is still very high up on the list. Looking disheveled when you arrive for your date will only show that you didn’t give your appearance much thought. That is hardly a way to make a good first impression.
3. Compliment you date! That being said, make sure you compliment your date on how they look! This goes back to making the person feel special, and dishing out positive feedback will help in this area.
4. Date those that you are attracted to. This is more important than you think. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who pick their dates based on others opinions. This is not the best way to make a decision. Remember, you are the one going on a date to see what the future might hold, not your friend.
More Rules of Dating…
5. Don’t call, text, or contact more than once a day if you just started dating. This is the primary reason for people to run the opposite direction. Dating is not considered a relationship; it is the trial period before to determine if you’re willing to proceed to the next step. So, don’t seem so pushy or needy.
6. In addition to rules of dating, don’t make yourself seem so available all the time. It’s completely acceptable to have a life while dating. But, if you are free every night for dinner, or every time they call; this will show them that you’re not living on your terms, but theirs. There should always be mystery to keep your date seeking more.
7. Don’t divulge! Since we’re trying to maintain mystery,don’t divulge all of your life-secrets on the first date. Everyone enjoys talking about themselves, but as the first rule states, you have to talk about them, too. Allowing the skeletons to come out of your closet will not help your date’s imagination to wander. Some things are better left unsaid until the relationship.
8. Save sex until the relationship. We are all human and have “needs”. But, if you give a child candy before they earn it, then you’ve lost the child’s desire to learn more. As funny as that is, adults are the same way. Consider this a gift that should be given when the time is right; and the first date is not it.
9. Never lie. Again, the purpose of dating is to test the waters for future boat rides. However, if you lie in the beginning, the truth will eventually shed light. Once you’re identified as a liar, then all bets are off for the future. There won’t be any respect, trust, and most all … future dates.
10. Last, but least rules of dating, stay positive. Dating is similar to a numbers game. The more people that you date, the more of a chance you have at finding the right one. Since dating is based on trial and error, be prepared for some negative experiences. Though, never forget that you have to get through some of the bad to indulge in the good. Maintain a positive attitude and you will attract more of the same kind.